ConferencesSociety for Adolescent Health and Medicine (SAHM) Annual Meeting
The SAHM annual meeting offers innovative research, clinical workshops, and discussion forums for attendees from around the world.
Adolescent Health Initiative: Conference on Adolescent Health
This annual event draws a national audience of multidisciplinary health professionals for skills-building workshops, breakout sessions, poster presentations, and networking events.
Training ResourcesARSHEP Presentations & Case Videos
Physicians for Reproductive Health (PRH): The Adolescent Reproductive and Sexual Health Education Program (ARSHEP) is a comprehensive curriculum providing slide presentations and patient standardized case videos at no charge to the user. Covering a wide range of topics, ARSHEP is designed for residency programs, youth-serving health professionals, and self-guided learning.
Cardea eLearning Courses
Cardea is a national organization that provides training to health care professionals and others in the areas of adolescent sexual health, family planning, and cultural proficiency. Online trainings cover a wide range of topics. Continuing education certificates are available.
National LGBT Health Education Center: Learning Modules
Fenway Institute: These online learning modules are offered with the goal of optimizing quality, cost-effective health care for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. A range of useful topics includes Caring for LGBTQ Youth in Clinical Settings. On-demand webinars with free CME/CEU credits are also available.
WebinarsThese recorded webinars were originally sponsored by NYPATH (New York Promoting and Advancing Teen Health) from 2014-2016. Access is free; registration is required.
Providing Care to Adolescents
Providing Competent Care to LGBTQ Youth (2016)
- Understand the social context and developmental challenges of LGBTQ youth
- Describe three barriers to health care that LGBTQ youth may face
- Identify three strategies for providing competent care to LGBTQ youth in your practice
- Identify two adolescent health behaviors you want to help teens change using Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Describe four elements of the spirit of MI and four processes of MI
- Begin to effectively convey information and advice using MI style
STDs Including HIV
2015 CDC STD Guidelines: What's New? (2015)
- STD epidemiology
- Significant changes within the 2015 CDC STD Treatment Guidelines
- Practices designed for adolescents
- Risk factors contributing to HIV infection among youth
- Overview of the identification of, and engagement with, youth living with HIV
- Emerging strategies to reduce HIV infection among high risk youth
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Non-occupational Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (nPEP)