Managing Your PREP Project
The Health Educator Supervisor is responsible for maintaining the overall PREP project, as well as supervising educators. With some regular maintenance, you can keep your project running smoothly!
Many tasks should be done on a regular basis.
- Observe your educators in action! Use this as an opportunity to engage in continuous quality improvement by providing honest feedback to your educators.
Complete your Biannual Report (BAR) to let the Department of Health and ACT for Youth know about your PREP activities for the last six months. These are due April 30 and October 31, but you can add information to these reports at any time through the PREP Online Reporting System (ORS). Information reported in the BAR includes:
- Staff changes
- Trainings that educators attended
- Summaries of evidence-based program (EBP) implementation and adult preparation programming
- Outreach, education, or community readiness activities
- Activities to improve access to sexual health care services
- Referrals to other services
- Accomplishments, successful strategies, barriers, and challenges
- Consider upcoming changes: When and where will programming be offered? This may vary by setting and based on time of year (for example, summer programming may look different from programming in the academic year). What project planning do you need to do to be prepared for the upcoming quarter? Do you have site permission to implement programming and collect surveys? Are there any expected changes in leadership at your implementation sites?
Engage in continuous quality improvement with your PREP team. Set up a team meeting to review your program implementation data, discuss challenges and successes, and plan for even better future implementation! See your Dynamic Data Summary (data visualization) and Using Your Data for resources and guidance. Consider:
- How are you doing?
- What is going well?
- Where can improvements be made?
- Review the PREP training calendar; register for trainings as needed. Identify additional professional development needs and opportunities for (and with!) your team.
PREP Supervisor's Monthly Checklist
ACT for Youth has developed a checklist to help you manage your PREP project — with all of these details and more!
- Look for email announcements from ACT for Youth regarding this week's events, including trainings, learning community meetings, workshops, and more.
- Ensure your team enters implementation data through the PREP Online Reporting System. After an EBP session is complete, information about that session should be entered in the PREP ORS. Cycles should be reviewed and submitted no later than two weeks after the last session of the cycle.
- Reach out to the ACT for Youth team as you identify training needs or challenges in implementing your PREP project. You can request support or technical assistance through the PREP ORS.
- Reach out to your Department of Health program advisor for questions or issues related to your budget or overall grant structure.
Strengthen Your Management Approach
What capacity-building might you need to build and strengthen your management approach? You may wish to discuss with your ACT for Youth Support Team any learning opportunities available to you, such as the Supervisors Learning Community (see the Training Calendar. Log in to the PREP ORS to contact your support team.